Running The Waterfront
Visiting San Diego
The San Diego Waterfront
For a runner visiting San Diego the harbor is an endless delight.
Whether visiting with your family on vacation or for a convention at the San Diego Convention Center, a nice run along the Waterfront of San Diego Bay is always enjoyable.
There are miles of dedicated pathways that extend from the Convention Center, past the Airport to the West, and all the way to Liberty Station in Point Loma. You can even add the Convention Center Stairs as an extra bonus to make your workout that much tougher!
Some highlights on the bay front include:
- Stunning views of the San Diego Skyline.
- The Star Of India, a classic sailing vessel and maritme museum.
- The Midway Museum, invoking the history of San Diego's Naval past and present.
- Liberty Station, an energetic community of artisan shops, restaurants, and the home of Stone Brewery's San Diego location.
- The San Diego County Waterfront Park, a fun place to play and relax for the entire family.
You can find great starting points with maps here:
- San Diego Convention Center - Run past all the main waterfront attractions, and even add the famous Convention Center Stairs for the extra challenge.
- San Diego County Waterfront Park - Offering stunning views of the skyline.
- Spanish Landing - To Waterfront Park and Back with a visit to the Cancer Survivors Park.
- Liberty Station - Starting from near Stone Brewery past the airport.
While you're in town, visit one of the iconic running specialty stores in the country! Movin Shoes has been open since 1977 serving the needs of visitors and locals alike.